This is a drop in ATA style case for various kinds of pedalboards. Drop-In means a deep tray and a shallow lid. You "Drop" or lower your pedalboard into the deeper tray. These cases are designed for Creation branded pedalboards or a multitude of other pedalboards from other companies. As mentioned above you can customize the dimensions to fit the board of your choice by adding the "Custom Case Dimensions" product to your cart found here. Please see a description of our product options below.
- 1/4 inch birch ply (Medium Duty)- A basic ply that is rigid, lightweight, and affordable. It’s great for light to medium duty use. Great for around town.
- 3/8 inch birch ply (Most Durable)- A more heavy duty ply that is great for the rigors of the road and touring. It also adds some weight.
- 3/8 inch Polypropylene Honeycomb (Lightest) - Up to 40% lighter, this honeycomb ply is very rigid, durable, and incredibly lightweight. It’s a GREAT option for flying. It’s more than adequate to protect your gear, however, because of it’s hollow construction, it is more prone to show some dings and dents (cosmetic)
- Slim - This is the smallest and most compact option for a flat pedalboard. We leave enough room for a board, like our flat series, and a single layer of pedals with enough foam cushioning to lightly compress (a good thing) while still having enough room for larger pedals that are common today. This depth is not recommended if you plan on using very large risers, such as a second tier, or stacking pedals on top of power supplies.
- Standard - This is the ideal depth for most angled boards both made my Creation, or other brands.
- Standard w/ Foam Risers - This option is the same overall depth as our Standard depth option, however with a drop-in case, we have the unique ability to add foam risers on the bottom to elevate a flat board and create a bottom cavity for storage. This is seen in most of the above photos.
- Two Butterfly Latches and Take Apart Hinges - This is typically the standard option for our Lift-Off pedalboard cases. The take apart hinges come apart as you open your case. It has two latches to tightly close the case.
- Two Butterfly Latches and Stop Hinges - This option is similar to the above, however the hinges are different. Stop hinges essentially stop the lid from continuing to open. When you lift the lid, it stops in the upright position similar to many guitar cases. Once again it has 2 Butterfly latches on the opposite side
- Four Butterfly Latches - This is primarily an option for those that gig heavily and was requested for several of our artists using our Live-In case. It’s for those that want to completely remove the lid from their case, but want an even more rugged solution to do so that break apart hinges.
Handles - Plain and simple. do you want to add an extra recessed handle to the end of your case? Do you want to add one on each end? If you choose to add the Pullout handle option, it’s only possible to add one handle.
Side Storage - This is pretty Straight forward. We make the case a little longer and add a divider so you can have some storage within your case.
Corner Casters - We use RIDICULOUSLY heavy duty corner casters that would basically take a nuclear bomb to wear out. We put them in place of two ball corners. On our Lift-Off cases, we keep the tray shallow, so the wheels go into the lid portion. On our Drop-In Cases, they go into the tray and additional foam is added to cover them up.
Add Pullout Handle - We now offer the option for pullout handles. by design, they do make the case taller to accommodate. For larger cases (usually longer than 28 inches) a regular recessed handle on the end works fairly well instead or the pullout handle, as the case comes to most people’s waist when on end with the wheels.
Stenciling - We can do all kinds of stenciling. If you have a preference of color, just let us know. Single colors only please. If you’re just wanting basic stenciling to label the case for your roadies, choose the “Basic Lettering” option. If you want us to stencil the case with a custom graphic, we can laser cut a template to do so. just email the artwork to us.